Tuesday, June 21, 2011

new home


so i am now in nganjuk.. pretty much starting my journey.. which so far have been a roller coaster..

leaving my training family was a lot harder than i thought it was going to be.. my older sister kept telling me she hated me and didnt want me to leave.. it was hard.. at one point she even started crying.. and that made me cry.. today was a day of tears pretty much..

my counter part ended up coming a little earlier than originally planned but i think it was better that way.. sitting and waiting is not good.. and i knew it would only get worse the longer i was going to sit in the house.. so it was really quick.. got all my stuff to his car said my goodbyes while trying not to cry some more and then we were off.. as soon as i shut the car door.. i was a mess.. its hard to leave people that you really connect with and its honestly hard for me to believe that i would connect so strongly with them.. but here we are 9.5 weeks after coming to indonesia and i feel like i left my family.. god i can only imagine what its going to be like leaving this current family in two years..

so we got lost a few times like 5 minutes from my house in Batu which was funny.. My counterpart hasnt really left the area around nganjuk so he didnt really know which way to go.. but it made for a few good laughs..

we made it to nganjuk and then we had some lunch and i met someone else from my school.. he was really nice and thankfully knew english so lunch was pretty easy to enjoy.. then we made a short trip to my new home..

when they told me that the city nearby was small.. i had some doubts.. their ideas of cities here are so different than the cities back home.. the city by me is huge.. and my village is bigger than my last village.. its going to hard to get to know the whole area but i figure by the end of two years i should know it pretty well..

so my family is nice they have a boy and a girl and so far i havent heard a word of english.. its going to be an interesting few weeks but i feel like i may learn a whole lot and be speaking much better indonesian within a few months time.. my ibu told me that she was excited to have me and cannot wait to show me around and she plans to take me every where.. which will be nice.. i think im really going to like her..

i managed to get pretty much everything put away in only a few hours.. already the room seems like my own.. i was able to decorate the walls and it feels a lot like my room at home.. i have my favorite pictures of home by my bed and then the other photos on my dresser.. i also put up some letters and some maps that i bought and i even put up the us map that i brought from the us.. i dunno reminds me of where im from and right across from my bed over my desk is a map of indonesia.. kinda reminding me where i am and why..

i had a few bumps already today.. as soon as i got into my room to finish unpacking and take a rest i started crying.. i have been through so many emotions its made me so fragile to all the things going on.. already i have felt like i want to go home and then like ten minutes later felt like i could do this.. i just wish it was easier.. i hope i dont end up making a rash decision and say i want to go home when im feeling low.. it would not be good..

hopefully tomorrow i can get my bed net up, figure out some of the area, get my school address and talk to the police.. should be a full day.. but thats probably for the better.. too much sitting around may make me want to come home even more than i want to now..

one day at a time.. wish it was easier than that but one day at a time.. and thank god for cell phones or id be dying without contact from friends..

well i should maybe mandi or something.. this is going to be fun!

love you all so very much :)

*side note.. im now going to add quotes to all my posts.. this idea kinda came from a suggestion i got from my friend evanne.. a lot of the quotes have made me smile and realize why im here so hopefully you like them too.. and some of them are just plain funny.. so.. heres to feeling inspiration!

“Think not of what is to come nor of that which you have no control over but rather of the now and that which you are able to change"

No comments:

Post a Comment