Monday, April 25, 2011

weekend adventure

so of course there would be a gathering going on at my house the night before i have to wake up at like 445.. this is so my life.. hah

this weekend was uneventful yet i was busy everyday.. saturday i went up to Tlekung for some language practice and then afterwards, around 11 went to Malang in search of notecards.. which are incredibly hard to find.. grr.. this trip ended up lasting till 4 so i was beat by the time i came home.. i cant really even remember what i did last night haha.. im pretty sure i went to bed a little early and i got to sleep in this morning.. wooo! still managed to wake up wayyy before my alarm almost at my normal time..

so today i washed my clothes, called home and then waited for my sister to mandi before we went for a walk.. we went down to the warnet i sent out a few emails talked to some of my friends and my sister on facebook chat.. which by the way i loveeeeeeeddd.. next best thing to skype.. i never thought i would say that.. but its nice to talk to someone in real time rather than email every once in awhile..

then we walked to the other grandmothers house.. it was a far walk and i was so sweaty by the time we got there but it was nice.. we stayed or about an hour and of course i had to eat something even though i wasnt hungry.. i am so afraid to offend someone but i really dont eat all that much and being hot and sweaty doesnt make me want to eat.. s around 12 we left and started the hour walk home.. my sister kept saying her legs were sick.. which means sore.. i had to laugh.. i love all this walking.. it was nice on the way home because it was hardly any uphill.. im still getting used to all the hills.. by my legs are starting to look really niceeee.. haha now if only i could get them tan.....

by the time we got back my sister looked like she was about to drop she was so tired so she went and laid down and i got out my ipad and started reading.. i have read wayyyy too many books so far.. (only like 5 but man i need to slow down!) at this rate ill be done with all the books i bought and ill have to start all over and read them again.. around 2 i went down to daniels and we walked together to the soccer field where we met up with some of the other volunteers.. it was nice to be around them for an hour but i had to go and get my clothes.. it looked like it was going to rain so i wanted to bring them in.. plussss i got a sunburn on the walk this morning so my neck was killing me.. yayyyy me.. but soon i will be coklat (brown) and i will blend in..... hah! as if that will happen..

so i come home.. read some more.. eat and then finish typing up my notes.. and my brother keeps singing.. i told him noooooooo.. and he started saying everything i said after i said it.. you know how annoying that can be  so i started to tap him on his head and he started to tap me on my arm.. we both started laughing.. i love him.. he always cracks me up.. and now.. im in bed.. listening to a meeting going on in the room next to me.. i wish i could understand im really curious as to what is going on.. in case i didnt say it before, my bapak is the sub-village head so he is a leader around here.. i think it might have something to do with that but then again.. i dunno.. someone keeps pulling my curtain back to look in.. i hear my ibu saying tidur tidur, which is sleeping.. so hopefully whoever the little troublemaker is will stop.. hah..

anyways this is long enough.. im pooped! soooo much walking!

next up.. pics of the house (nice little tour..) and my first indonesian school adventure.. woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment