Saturday, April 2, 2011

First of Many

this is my first entry on what will hopefully be a two year long blog describing my adventure in Indonesia and beyond.. kinda nervous cuz im not really sure how to start out and i feel that this may turn pretty lame pretty fast..

On Monday i will board a plane that will take me on my first major adventure since going to college, or i guess since i studied abroad in China. Its a little scary knowing i am going to be leaving home for 27 months. It hasnt really hit me yet that in only two days i will be gone from home and everything will have changed. that being said im not really nervous.. just more anxious for this all to start. i feel like i have been waiting for years for this moment when really i only found out that i was leaving in February. time does seem to fly by..

in the past few weeks ive been able to think about all the things im really going to miss when i leave. Of course first and foremost my family.. living at home the past four months has made us all closer, even though i know im a little hard to be around sometimes. Second im going to miss my dog.. she can always make me smile when im down and is always happy to see me.. ill miss having her furry face by my side.. Third will by my friends.. i am going to miss so much just within the next couple of months.. im missing spring quarter, their last quarter of school, and the best time of the year.. im going to miss one of my best friends wedding.. guess she will just have to reenact it all out when i come home :) the only other thing i think i will miss is being able to be lazy.. hah ive gotten so used to having a day off and being able to just sit around in my pjs and read books and not do anything.. i may get a few days like that over the next few years but it wont be anything close to what im used to at home.. hah doesnt take much to make me happy..

i know that i am going to miss a lot of things and at the end of the day its worth it, for the most part. how many people can say they have volunteered for the Peace Corps? how many people can say (besides the Indonesians) that they lived in Indonesia? the world is opening up to me and i am going to embrace it fully. I cannot wait to learn the language try the food and learn about this amazing country. this really is a one in a lifetime opportunity..

well until the next time.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment