Monday, April 25, 2011

first day at school.. ahh!

so today was the first day of practicum, which just means the school visit in fancy terms.. hah..

it was a lot better than i was expecting.. as we were riding in the angkot i started to get butterflies in my stomach and i was reminded of the first day of school in high school.. not really knowing what to expect or who was going to be in your class.. ha.. not that i should be worrying about that.. since i dont know anyone at this school and uh.. they dont really speak english.. hahaha.. there lies my problem.. but it was a lot better than i thought and i soon forgot the butterflies and went about my day without another thought.. we got there pretty early.. watched the flag raising ceremony and then introduced ourselves to the entire school.. which was a little intimdating.. we had to stand in front of 600 students and around 60 staff members.. gahh..

but it was all good.. the students are all really friendly.. we got to observe an english class and man.. will i have my work cut out for me.. a lot of the students dont understand much english even though they have been taking english since primary school.. you could see there were a few who really knew what was going on and then a few more that just did not care at all but you have that in every class i suppose..

after the observation, daniel and i traded off with mary ellen and george and walked around the school a bit.. we went to the library which does not look like any library i have been too but it was interesting.. there some giggling girl tried to talk to me in english.. she just could not stop laughing she was so nervous.. it was funny.. that would not be the reaction i would have but laughing is good.. we talked for like 2 minutes before she couldnt handle it anymore and had to leave.. hah i think i made her day though.. after that we got a tour and then talked to some students to kind of evaluate their english levels.. it was difficult talking to some of them because they just did not understand anything i asked them.. but i guess if i was getting the same questions in indonesian i might not answer correctly..

around 12 we left to go back to go to language class.. i was sooooo tired that i wasnt sure i would be able to make it to 4.. it was such a long day today.. i dont even know why i am up right now.. ive been up for over 18 hours.. ohhhhh man.. but anyways after learning tons more indonesian daniel and i walked home and he had the idea to look at our music and find the 10 best songs that we have that define us.. hmm.. thats a tough question.. i went through all my music and couldnt really narrow it down to 10 but i got it down to 20 i love to listen to but i have like 60 more i want him to listen to so tomorrow i think we are going to do a music exchange.. should be fun we kinda have the same taste in music so ill be glad to get some more stuff..

well i gotta wake up again at 445.. yay............. i dont understand how indonesians can survive such a long day.. i gotta give them credit.. they are tough people..

well.. love you all :)

1 comment:

  1. Love that you are trading music...I think I'd be doing the same thing...I admire you for going away from home for such a long time. I considered it, but I think I'm going to wait a few more years before I consider it again...I just finally found your blog, hence the reason I've been leaving comments on older posts.But, I am loving everything I've read!I can't wait to read more!Be sure to post your new address once you get it!I'll send some snail mail your way!Keep doing what you're doing cause it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete