Friday, July 15, 2011

frustration.. at a peak

so the past few days have been pretty frustrating for me.. im starting to get annoyed at little things around me.. still have not received my schedule.. and ive been asking for weeks.. school starts in two days.. two days.. i dunno its just frustration overload.. i had to sit through a scheduling meeting on thursday.. and nothing had to do with me.. i didnt learn anything.. and i also learned that indonesians can be very very very long winded sometimes.. i was also reminded of past exec meetings in my sorority in which topics got brought up and were expressed at length.. most of which didnt pertain to anyone except the person who brought the topic up.. it seemed to me that a number of the comments made could have been done after the meeting to individual people.. i am never again going to a school meeting without something to do.. 4 hours of indonesian is brutal..

and lastly.. indonesians really dont know anything about america.. and i know thats part of the reason why i am here.. to show them the american culture that doesnt come through in the movies.. its painful sometimes when people ask me if we have certain things like farms.. hmmm.. i know i didnt know a whole lot about indonesia before i came here and heck, i still dont know that much.. but farms? everyone has farms! its also funny that some people think that ohio is a city.. hah.. i just go with it most of the time because if they dont know any english its too hard to explain to them what ohio is.. or i get my words confused.. ah well.. i guess i have two years to straighten it out.. just kinda difficult not to say really? your really asking me that question?

oh indonesia.. this is turning into an intense love/dislike relationship.. thank god the love out weighs the dislike right now..

enough of my ranting.. i just got back from a wonderful bike ride with my bapak.. we went pretty far.. he kept asking me if i was tired.. haha i enjoy getting out there and i probably could have stayed out longer but my butt started to hurt.. oh the joys of riding a bike..

well i think ill end this little post.. yes im a little frustrated but that comes with the job right?

love you all :)

2 comments:

  1. hola ally!

    remember me? i'm dolfi, cendi's friends.
    It seems you have a little problem living in my hometown. Something you should know, kertosono is a very little part (or even micro?!) of indonesia. It doesn't represent Indonesia as a whole. If you feel getting bored, just let me, cendi, and difana know. We can have a little party then :D

    see you

    ReplyDelete
  2. wasting time & undisciplined, huh? what a shame.. it looked like they dont learn from the disadvantages they made.
    I was a villager. and I loved to live in small town. but after graduation I had to move out of there before affected by the bad habits they used to do.
    have a great week ahead, sistah.. take care!

    ReplyDelete