Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Seemingly Out of Body

So before queuing this blog entry, I notice that I have reached over 90 blog entries in my time here.. some fellow volunteers haven't even pushed over 50.. so you all should be grateful that I have no life and take the time to spill my soul on these, uhm, pages..

If you couldn't already tell I am in a queer mood. It hit me today, almost literally, that I am in fact in another country. I was riding my bike back from visiting my first host family and i was kinda zoning, which is NOT a good thing to do. And I was thinking, "Wow.. I'm in the Peace Corps (uh duh..) and I am in another country which is awesome.." and then a car starts driving in my lane to make a right hand turn (which is like a left turn in the US). And it really hit me.. I'm in another country. I could be hit and I am not entirely sure that this car would stop.. Better watch the road.. Wise eh?

Its weird. Ive been here for almost a year yet it STILL hits me that I am not home. I know I get homesick and at times am so frustrated with everything that I want to punch something, I still manage to forget that I am where I am. Being around my new family, and maybe the fact that last week I only left my house once, made me forget where I am.. Which is odd because 90% of what comes out of my mouth is another language. Strangely enough I find myself occasionally thinking in Indonesian. As soon as my mind figures out whats going on I pause, a little confused, shake my head and continue on thinking in another language.. I am going to come home and lo, wah allah, iki lo, and maaf are going to become a permanent part of my vocabulary.. So hear me out before you think I am making up a new language. I am running on too many languages.

so yes this is my rambling of the week heck maybe of the year. I still cant wrap my head around where I am at and what I am doing.. Kinda makes you wonder what goes on in my classes doesn't it.. Hehe..

love you all :)

love the crazy little me

No comments:

Post a Comment