Tuesday, August 9, 2011

oh what is the purpose of a mosquito?


so mosquitoes..

today i looked up what the heck the purpose of mosquitoes is.. why on earth is there something out there that causes so many issues.. not only diseases but they also cause unbearable itchiness.. which can be hellish if you have more than one hah.. turns out that the only good thing about mosquitoes are they are food for numerous other animals  like birds and lizards.. and if they were to disappear a major link in the food chain would be disrupted.. they also are important for pollination.. who knew? besides bees, mosquitoes help pollinate numerous plants and flowers.. i woulda never guessed.. for me though, the negatives makes it really hard to appreciate the mosquito..

and this would be why..

my body looks like i have some sort of disease.. every time i get a bite.. i have to itch.. and this itching causes some sort of bruising.. so by the time the bites go away i have big reddish brown spots wherever i had a bite.. and that happens to be pretty much everywhere.. and my feet.. man they are a mess.. it seems no matter how much i try not to itch i always end up with scabs on my feet.. i feel like a mess sometimes.. and just when i think its all good.. i get bit again..

last night was the topper for me.. i cant sit with my legs under the table when i eat because i get bit.. so i sit sideways on my chair and eat and my family thinks its hilarious.. i seem to be the only one who keeps getting bit.. i should start a count of how many bites i get during my time here.. im gunna bet it hits well over 200.. but anyways.. so i have bug spray on but that doesnt seem to deter them.. i get bit twice in a span of 10 seconds.. let me tell you.. sometimes you cant feel the bite.. but other times its like someone punched a needle in my leg.. and those suck.. immediately i get these huge.. welts on my leg and they itch like hell..

i got pics.. because of course nothing else interesting is going on so i have to show off my war wounds.. haha..

my lovely feet.. they will never be the same..

moving on..

hard to believe its already the 9th of august and that the day is pretty much over.. somedays it goes by so fast that i have to wonder where all the time went.

i dont really have that much to talk about.. ramahdan is in full swing.. ive only really participated for 2 days.. its really really hard to not eat.. i have 20 more days so im gunna try real hard to make it through.. i think if my family and friends here can do it i can too.. ive opted to continue drinking water while fasting.. or else i would be a sad puppy.. id be really hungry if i didnt have something to fill my stomach..

wow rambling..

im gunna post some photos of my students work.. the other day i had one of my grade ten classes make some comic strips in class.. some of them were pretty good.. i did correct them so pardon my corrections..

these are all from different students.. i just picked my favorite panels..




this last one is the only one done totally in color.. im glad someone had some fun with this.. it was meant to be fun anyways hah..

hm.. well i think this is enough for now.. life isnt too exciting right now.. kinda lonely.. miss talking to my friends from home.. havent really talked to anyone in a while besides my family and makes me kinda sad.. lifes tough sometimes..but at least i have some rocking american friends here.. two people really made my week last week.. and i know without them i probably would have left a long time ago.. cheers to new friends :)

love the memories right? :)

love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment