Wednesday, August 24, 2011

another week goes by

and the time comes again that i should/ need to write another blog entry.. so much has happened in the past two weeks.. and at the same time nothing all that exciting..

i got an oven which is awesome.. i cant wait to make muffins and bread.. its going to be nice to have this little comfort.. its actually a pretty nice oven.. it was a little expensive but i figure it will pay for itself with my happiness haha..

a few days after buying it i made some cookies with my friend.. we had to go out and buy all the ingredients and man.. it took forever.. we had to go to several places because many places didnt have some of the ingredients that we needed.. we ended up getting this butter that i wish we hadnt gotten.. it was a cream butter but it tasted more like pink bubblegum.. needless to say the cookies we made had the taste of bubblegum.. which kinda sucked.. but whatevs it was the first time and i know i will not take that butter the next time.. We made three different types of cookies: chocolate chip, sugar, and butter with jelly. I burned myself once pulling the cookies out.. made me laugh a little because back home i always used to have hannah take the cookies or whatever out of the oven.. I thought “Man i could totally use hannah right now haha” but luckily i only burned myself once and that was enough to learn.. (pictures to come later!)
 mixing up the cookie dough! oh how ive missed baking!
 my oven :)
 the finished results.. yum :)
Faiz shaping the cookies..

so hm.. and then this week.. teaching.. all in all it was a fast week.. the beginning of the week was pretty rough for me.. sometimes its difficult going into a classroom and having none of the students respond.. its a big downer sometimes.. and then i had some other stuff going on but like everything.. it passes..

Wednesday was the Independence Day for Indonesia.. i went to this ceremony out by the village office in my school district.. They had a marching band and a couple schools there. When I walked down to the field some of my students cheered when they saw me.. stuff like that breaks my heart.. makes me feel bad all the times i think about going home.. damn those kids.. haha the ceremony was pretty brief.. A siren rang out around 10 am, thats the time that the first president signed the papers giving the indonesians their freedom.. it was pretty neat that they could have the exact time they got their freedom.. im sure its written down somewhere the exact time that americans signed the declaration of independence but its not like we commemorate that exact time.. At the end i had my picture taken with all the important people.. they were like little kids excited to get a picture with me.. i hope i managed to keep a good smile on my face.. sometimes its hard to keep that smile going..

so after that it just ended up being an ordinary day.. thursday i went back to school and tried to give some grammar lessons to the grade 10 class.. not sure how well that went over.. we shall see the next time they have to hand something in.. but to make them happy since.. grammar can be boring.. we played a game.. the first class was awesome.. they came up with so many words and they all got into the game.. as the day progressed the students enthusiasm declined.. haha.. each class after the first got a little.. worse.. i think i can blame it on them being tired.. or at least i am going to.. saturday I got to teach a class by myself.. i was a little nervous.. walking to the class by myself i started to freak out a little bit.. but the class i had to teach is probably one of my favorite classes so it wasnt that bad.. the kids were all excited that i was there and whenever i spoke some indonesian they applauded me which was funny.. i think they get a kick out of it.. luckily the class went smoothly and most of them understood what i was talking about.. one of the kids, a real joker, asked me if he could have extra lessons haha.. so i think im gunna put together a group of students who want to just talk english and have them come over or just stay after school one day.. it was a good day..

and now here i am.. baking in my room.. typing this boring entry..

well hope everyone had a good weekend!

love you all :)

5 comments:

  1. Baking supplies left here today. Can't wait to see pics of your oven. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you miss me only when you need me to do things for you haha love you allypoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice oven looks like you could bake alot in that thing! Have several more mixes waiting to send but will wait until all the other enroute parcels arrive. xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are enjoying teaching! Enthusiasm does decline throughout the day but if you get crazy I'm sure the enthusiasm will rise... and I know you are crazy! :) Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy to read this allyson, hope you enjoy live in indonesia, and im sure your day wont be that ordinary anymore. Go get fun and ill be please to take you around, Bandung-probably. And, hows your 4 days trip in malang? see ya! :)

    ReplyDelete