Friday, May 20, 2011

my bday.. first of a few away from home..

so its hard to believe that its been a year since my 21st bday.. wow so much has happened.. and even though i dont really remember that night i have a ton of pictures to prove how awesome my friends are.. i only wish that i could have you all here right now.. doesnt feel like my birthday.. i opened some cards this morning but i dunno.. kinda just feels like cards..

its weird getting older.. i dont really feel like it.. when am i going to start feeling older? haha maybe once i start teaching.. which is right around the corner.. its weird that PST is pretty much almost over.. i mean its thursday of week 6.. and next week we get to go visit a current volunteer and see what life is like for them and then thursday we find out out site.. i know ive said this before but ooooohhh im so excited and pretty nervous.. everything is just snowballing right now.. crazy!

anyways yes my birthday.. not too exciting since they really dont celebrate birthdays here.. got up to go take a mandi and yeah just a regular morning.. not that 22 is really all that exciting but i dunno its a totally different culture.. ohhhh wellll looking forward to a phone call from the parents.. hopefully my mom wrote down the right time and calls me today.. since its the 19th in indonesia.. so weird that time change..

well i should go eat before they chase me around the house asking if im going to eat breakfast.. haha

well love you all :)

ok so let me correct my earlier statements.. my family did end up saying happy birthday but it wasnt like there was a party or anything.. but when i got to school maryellen gave me this awesome card and she made it out of the paper that we use for flip charts so its pretty big.. which is awesome.. i am totally planning on hanging it up at my next home.. my walls are going to be full of stuff.. love it! she also gave me some cookies.. which was awesome.. and then Bu Ning showed up and gave me some cookies too which was also really nice.. then Niken had everyone sing me happy birthday in indonesian.. which was funny..

then we went to link and i got a few happy bdays and at the end of the session they brought out a little cake.. really it just made me miss real cake even more.. my mother can blow the cake that i had out of the water.. thats one of the things i cant wait to have when i come back to the united states: baked goods that arent full or sugar but still taste amazing.. everything here has a certain taste to it.. so its very similiar in flavor.. guess ill get used to it after two years but right now its still kinda hard.. some things from home are still fresh in my mind..

so now im home and its just a regular night.. im really ready for bed and its not even 6.. i dont know whats wrong with me but lately ive wanted to go to bed so early.. ill probably go to bed again tonight at 630.. oh well..

tomorrow we have to go to UMM to get shots so ill probably post this and check my email and then saturday after the language final i will probably send email responses out.. i hate that for some people i have so much that i need to write to them because its been weeks since i typed anything meaningful and i feel bad.. i dont want anyone to feel like im ignoring them.. i know once we are done being busy like 12 hours a day it will be easier to get back to people in a timely manner..

so until the next time.. which probably wont be until next thursday when i find out where im going! wooo! so exciteddddddd..

same as always, love you all :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday, sounds like it was a pretty surprising day for you glad it was fun. Hope you did good on your test. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete